Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rain again!

     Wednesday was supposed to be a training day, but unfortunately it was rainy and chilly. Jellybean was very snug after staying inside, so I fed her and hung out for awhile. We spent some time dealing with her attitude, and I hope it will continue to improve. I noticed she is gaining a little bit of weight, I cannot feel her ribs by rubbing lightly over her side. Yay! Now we just need to keep up this eating thing :) She also got a new water tub, because her five gallon bucket was not enough. She was confused at first why there was a giant blue bucket in her stall, but she figured it out. 

     Next time we have a training session I want to review the saddle and work with it on for longer, potentially letting her wait tied while I ride another horse. I also want to start working her over trot poles, so she can be more mindful of her feet. Robert made some cavaletti last weekend, and I think these would be a good place to start.

Looking like a boss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment