Sunday, January 18, 2015

The pros and cons of pasture boarding

It has recently come to my attention that my horses might do better in the pasture than in the current paddock with high tensile wire that they play like a cello (hehe). So I decided to make a list of pros and cons for pasture board and share it with my friends here. Tell me what you think I should do in the comments.

Pros:
More horses to socialize with
More space
Cheaper (100 bucks/month)
No evening chores
Grass/Round Bale I don't have to buy

Cons:
Farther away from tack (like 300 feet)
Realistically, no daily eye check
I will have less extra spending money from working at the barn(this one is kind of complicated... but true)
Feeding routine is really good right now, I would worry about Gracie losing weight (maybe needlessly, should be fed the same thing in same amount).
No shelter (not that we have one now, but a new paddock should be built over spring break... which will have a shelter)


I feel like I have forgotten a few. And my cons list is definitely very wordy. Bonus video of Jellybean and Gracie reuniting after the rodeo trip:



No comments:

Post a Comment