Monday, September 16, 2013

Intro to the Dressage Whip

     So last week I talked about how uninterested in moving off my leg Jellybean was. This week I decided to be proactive and ride her with a dressage whip. I asked her with my legs to move, then I swatted her stomach/flank/hip with the dressage whip as some more encouragement. Jellybean responded really well to this, and even walked around the arena without Robert standing in the middle of the round pen.

Not interested in turning...

Oh, you're kicking me? I don't care...
     We also worked on mounting from the ground instead of the fence, and Jellybean didn't care one bit. I think our goal next time will be conducting the walk/trot exercises without Robert in the middle of the arena. I'm very excited with how quickly she is progressing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment