Wednesday, October 23, 2013

First serious lunging session... and some lack of direction

     Last time I talked about Jellybean, I described my plan (or at least desire to have one). So Monday I got Jellybean ready and moved into the arena to check out the side reins I have for her lunging set up.
Mom, I know that picture isn't flattering...
     Once we had our boots and surcingle on, we moved over to the large arena and put on some side reins. They were adjusted to #3, which correlates to not at all. She only felt pressure when she dropped her head very low or very left/right. We practiced our normal w/t/c with voice commands. I think our weaknesses on the line are keeping a consistent distance (which I need to research how to perfect...) and downward transitions (which I also need to research and brainstorm). The other weakness I see is a lack of exercises floating around in my brain. So I visited one of my favorite online booksellers, and ordered my very own lunging exercises ringside flip book. It should be here next Monday, just in time for our next lunging session!

     In other news, Jellybean is getting ready for some Halloween fun. I won't spoil the surprise, but she's going to dress up as something ferocious. She will also be enjoying a clean stall when the new shavings get here. I think we're going to strip it ALL the way down, dry it out, and re-bed the entire thing.

     Stay tuned for the next riding update.

No comments:

Post a Comment