Monday, April 29, 2013

Guest Post: Jellybean (The Penicillin Chronicles)

     Whew. What a crazy weekend! The people left on Saturday morning without even saying bye... something about massages or birthdays. Peanut Butter and I played chicken through the wire, but otherwise just hung out in the stall all day. Mr. Juan fed us that night and the next morning since the people were still gone. 
     I was excited when the people came back Sunday, what a mistake!! Amanda got me out of the stall and brushed me, which was fine, but then she and Mr. Juan started petting me. I felt a sting in my neck, but it was just a fly and I kept eating treats from Amanda. Then Mr. Juan came up on my right side... I don't like how his hands were purple. And he smelled funny!! I was almost ok with it, but Amanda was teasing me with a treat. I finally got the treat and bit down, but it didn't crunch like it normally does. Then I felt another sting and moved away from it!
     Jeez. Then I saw this big pointy thing coming at my neck!! I tried to run away again, but I was tied. Amanda untied me and then something was buzzing around my leg. It was a bee!! I was trying to kick at it, and Robert came up to me and tried to spray some horse killer spray on my legs!!! What was going on?! He kept trying to spray me with that stuff while I was trying to kick the bee, so I kicked the spray and knocked it out of his hand. I still like him, I hope he isn't too mad at me for kicking near him. 
     The bee wouldn't go away, so Amanda walked me around more until it finally pulled away. Then we walked over beside the barn. Mr. Juan came up to me with scary smelling purple hands again!!! I almost ran Amanda over when he scared me, but she reminded me that I shouldn't do that. We went to the round pen and I ran around in the mud for a few minutes and started playing with the other horses.
     I thought we would just have dinner then, but Amanda brought me back over to Mr. Juan again! I was worried he was going to stick me with those awful gloves again, but he just petted me. Ok. Maybe the gloves aren't so scary! And here comes Robert with more treats! Yay apple treats! Ow! Stupid bee is back at my neck. Treats, treats, treats. 
     

     So that was yesterday, and what a mess! Today I feel a little bit better, and my nose isn't running and goopy. Now if only dinner time would get here I can hopefully sneak out to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment