Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My Welcome Back Story

How have you been?!?!?

As you can probably tell from Amanda's posts, Prelims are over, Thanksgiving vacation was a success and, Riding goes on forever.

On a not so happy note. There was a derby scheduled for just before thanksgiving but, as most horse people know, mother nature can be finicky and we were rained out. :(  that's not all bad news, This gives Gracie and I a solid chance to work on our Dressage.... something we have severely been slacking on.  The D-Day is now early January and as you can imagine finding ride time is becoming difficult with the sun setting so early.

This is the time of year that I tend to over extend myself the most.  This year seems to be exceptionally bad.  On top of christmas parties and riding lessons there is also the push to finish my research, start writing a dissertation and, keep my life in some semblance of order.

Wish me luck in all that we do.  Horses, science, martial arts, social obligations and, general craziness that is the Christmas season.

Just to emphasize the upside-down nature of the world right now, I present to you a current picture of Byron.... laying on HIS dog bed.


Enjoy and thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment